Become a Troop Leader In 5 Easy Steps!
- Apply Now:
- Complete a volunteer application online.
- Click here to be a reference (for your friend/acquaintance who wants to be a troop leader)
- Become a Member:
- Register with Girl Scouts of the USA.
- Get Connected:
- Connect with your local point of contact for information about getting your troop started.
- Get Trained:
- Complete required Basic Leadership Course
- Learn all you can about the program level you will be supporting
A menu of options is available to provide you with the information you need. Based on the subject area, there may be a variety of delivery methods available including in person classes, online training, conference calls and paper resources.
- Stay Connected:
- Attend monthly meetings of your Service Unit (neighborhood group of Girl Scout Troops) to network with, get ideas and help from other leaders, volunteers and staff in your area.
- Expand your Girl Scout knowledge through additional training (games,songs, crafts, camping, etc.)